Search for property
Logo
Jean Richer & Irene Bilinski
Bilingual Sales Representatives

Queensway Terrace

Queensway Terrace and its neighbouring community of Britannia were originally part of Nepean Township when the area was first settled in the late 1800's. The oldest part of the community was part of Britannia Heights, a community located on the high ground overlooking Britannia Village.

The first land entrepreneur in the community was William Mosgrove whose registered plan in 1908 paved the way for 47 average-sized lots on Pinecrest and a parallel street named St. Louis (now Pinewood Cres.) Like most of the city, property boomed but commercial services couldn't keep up, so much of this area was sold as lots but had no road access so it floundered until 1950 when it was annexed to the City of Ottawa.

In 1956 the Campeau Corporation acquired 114 acres of the Arkell farm on Pinecrest Road and, in 1958, subdivided the part north of the C.N.R tracks (present day Highway 417) to form Queensway Terrace North. Campeau built single family homes on about 300 lots and reserved a site for a future public school. It was in 1967 that the City of Ottawa dedicated over 100 unsold former Britannia Highlands lots for a park named after Frank Ryan, and complemented by the woodland (Elmhurst Woods) that still exists today.

With plenty of amenities to complement this areas history, Queensway Terrace residents have easy access to a wide variety of shops and services. Carling, the Queensway, and OC Transpo all provide quick routes to the downtown core and greater Ottawa.

For additional information about Queensway Terrace contact one of our Ottawa Living Real Estate Sales Representatives at 613.288.9144

FEATURED Queensway Terrace PROPERTIES FOR SALE

View More