Search for property
Logo
Jean Richer & Irene Bilinski
Bilingual Sales Representatives

Maxville

Maxville's roots stretch back to 1869, the year Duncan MacDougall constructed a sawmill on the site of the future village. Within a few years, the mill was joined by Peter McEwen's general store and Hugh McEwan's blacksmith shop. Named "Macksville" after the numerous Macs living in the area, the village flourished as a commercial hub for the young farming community. In 1882, the village received an added boost when it was chosen as a stop on the new railway line between Montreal and Ottawa. Ten years later, the village was incorporated and continued to grow until 1900, when its population numbered 749 people. To this day, the village remains as an important cultural centre and a delightful place for growing families, retirees, and visitors alike.

For additional information about Maxville, contact one of Ottawa Living Real Estate Sales Representatives at 613.288.9144 to view one of the lovely homes in the area.

FEATURED Maxville PROPERTIES FOR SALE

View More