Search for property
Jean Richer & Irene Bilinski
Bilingual Sales Representatives


The area was founded as the Village of Cyrville in 1853 by Michel Cyr, when he bought lot 27, 2nd Concession, Ottawa front of Gloucester Township. This area runs from Innes Road in the south to Ogilvie Road in the north and from St. Laurent in the west to Cummings Avenue in the east. A post office was built in 1850 and was named Cyrville in 1892. It would be closed down in 1965. The founding settlers of the village were French Catholics. In 1872, the Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes Church. was built. Two schools were built (St. Joseph and Ste Therese neither are operational)   The Canadian National Railway was built through the village in 1909 along with a station. The railway was removed in the 1930s, and the right of way would later be used to build the Queensway 

The area was quite residential with vegetable gardeners who sold their vegetables at the Ottawa Market.  The area is mostly Industrial in nature (being home to the Cyrville Industrial Area). There are still some residential pockets in Cyrville.


View More