Search for property
Logo
Jean Richer & Irene Bilinski
Bilingual Sales Representatives

Britannia

First settled in the late 1800s, Britannia was originally part of the greater Nepean Township, until 1950 when it was annexed to the city of Ottawa. Located on the west side of Ottawa, on the Ottawa River, Britannia is surrounded by water, forest and hillside, park space and conservation areas. With a diversity of low and high income housing, the lower income areas are found closer to Richmond Road, while the more affluent areas are closer to the yacht club at the north end of Britannia Road. This former cottage community maintains its reclusive appeal, and remains primarily residential with a yacht club at the end of the road, and many old cottages renovated into cozy bungalows. In addition to conserved parkland, there is easy access to festival sites and the bustling Britannia Park. Home to a one of its kind 1967 EXPO style dome covering a local children's hockey rink, it is one of the top 500 architecturally significant buildings in Canada. A bike path winds its way through the park land and continues 12kms to the Parliament Buildings downtown. In addition to the substantive parklands, plenty of other amenities are available at nearby Richmond road. Schools, churches and shopping are all within a quick drive or walk. OC Transpo provides extensive service, with routes winding through the area.

FEATURED Britannia PROPERTIES FOR SALE

View More

FEATURED Britannia CONDOMINIUMS FOR SALE

View More