Bilingual Sales Representatives
Direct: (613) 288-9144
Stittsville was first built at the intersection of Hazeldean Road and Carp Road, which connected the villages of Richmond and Carp.
Most of the small village was destroyed in a devastating fire, originating west of Ottawa, which swept through the area in 1870. The fire coincided with the opening of a railroad line fr0m Ottawa to Carleton Place. As a result, the community was rebuilt in the area around the railway station, a mile to the south, where a number of businesses had already been set up.
Hotels, blacksmiths, a general store, and a post office were built at this time.
The village of Stittsville is named after Jackson Stitt, who was the village's first postmaster. Today, Stittsville is a thriving business and residential community, and is currently experiencing a period of rapid growth.